Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Kirwood Ski Resort





More snow fell during the second night so day three was another epic powder day! We ventured out to Kirkwood for some much needed bowl skiing. They had limited lift access because of the high winds again but this place reminded me of Squaw Valley with it's technicality. I would say there was about 18 inches of fresh snow in the bowl area's of Kirkwood and we pretty much stayed in there the entire day. I would love to come back here when the entire mountain is open, I didn't get to see much scenery here due to the cloud cover but it just looked and felt like Alta, Snowbird and Squaw. The drive up was interesting to say the least with high winds and snow covered roads. Check out how much snow was out there!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Old Man Winter Grappling With Consistency

  This will go down as one of the mildest Decembers since I have moved out to Montana. We've had a stretch of temperatures into the 40&#...