Friday, June 12, 2009

June 6th, 2009


The first day of the trip was a slow one. We fished hard all day and night and only ran into a few fish. The diverse bugs that hatch on Penn's Creek always amazes me when I fish it. If you want to see what a real hatch looks like I suggest you fish Penn's Creek once in your lifetime. Water was slightly murky but good level. Saw a few Slate Drakes hatching in the morning. We caught 10 fish between 4 people on nymphs. A lot of hard work put in for 10 fish. At night we saw a HUGE stonefly hatching in the riffles. I put on a Big Yellow Stimulator and caught fish. My brothers hooked into some fish on a Coffin Fly, a decent number were in the air that night. Didn't see many Males or Female Duns hatching so we new the end of the Green Drake hatch was near.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Old Man Winter Grappling With Consistency

  This will go down as one of the mildest Decembers since I have moved out to Montana. We've had a stretch of temperatures into the 40&#...