Sunday, July 5, 2009

Blue Knob State Park: Saw Mill and Mountain View Trails







I took a camping trip up to Blue Knob State Park for the night. I checked out the mountain biking trails they had to offer. The first section by the campground was decent single track. This trail was called Chappell's. I road it till Sawmill which was double track and easy to ride. I then hooked up with Mountain view trail all the way up to the second highest point of PA. So for two miles the riding was good, then I made the mistake of following Mountain View trail for the next 3 miles. It was not cleared out, logs everywhere and the riding was terrible. I don't recommend this to anyone! It took us an hour and a half of hiking with our bikes to get out of the mess. Once we hit Sawmill again it was easy riding back to the campground, I don't think I will ride this ever again.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Old Man Winter Grappling With Consistency

  This will go down as one of the mildest Decembers since I have moved out to Montana. We've had a stretch of temperatures into the 40&#...