Threw the bike on my car after work and went for a quick ride from 6pm-7pm tonight. I decided to try out the Sugarloaf trail in Ohiopyle. I had read about it in one of my mountain biking Pennsylvania books and it was given a decent rating by the author. I parked in the upper lot and road Sugarloaf Road to the junction of the trail. The first mile of double-track is somewhat level and fun to ride. After that climbing is the name of the game. Some sections turn into true single-track and very rocky. I road about 2.6 miles on the trail and had to turn around because I did not want to miss the Penguins game. The ride back was a blast because it was mostly downhill. I believe the ride is 6 miles to the summit on Sugarloaf Mountain so I barely sketched the surface on this ride. This trail has the highest vertical gain (1,680 feet) of any mountain bike trail in the state and I could tell this in the first 2.8 miles. This trail was like most in Ohiopyle, a straight up climb and crazy downhill, not one of my favorites.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Old Man Winter Grappling With Consistency
This will go down as one of the mildest Decembers since I have moved out to Montana. We've had a stretch of temperatures into the 40...
-
There were two lakes we got to fish on our trip. We hiked up to Lukens Lake once again due to my knee and time restraints. It was only an ea...
-
Consistent Fishing All Winter Long The mild weather continues in the Bozone as of late. I've been busy with work but have kept f...
-
A few of my buddies and I headed out to Quebec Run Natural Area for a backpacking trip this weekend. We left the house on Frida...
No comments:
Post a Comment