Saturday, March 10, 2012

Keystone: The Last Resort On Our Journey

Today was the last stop on our weeklong journey to the Summit County resorts in Colorado. We arrived early at Keystone Resort this morning. The skies were blue once again and the temperature was in the 40's. This is the closest resort from where we were staying, a short 15 minute drive from Dillon. I didn't know what to expect from this resort because I have not heard much or researched about it. My lift ticket was $75 with the ski patrol discount. I was expecting a bigger crowd at the base because it was a Saturday but we got on the Summit Express Lift very quickly. Our first 2 runs had us cruising the groomed Spring Dipper. I was surprised at the vertical of this place right away. We were wondering all over the place and found a great run off the Peru Express, Go Devil was the name and steepness was the pitch. We then found our way to the North Peak which offered exceptional pitches and groomed runs. I was very surprised at how big Keystone was. All the slopes we skied had tremendous vertical and great snow. The only thing this place lacks is bowl access. They do offer CAT rides up to the bowls but at a cost. I would say this is defiantly the little GEM of the Summit County resorts. I would come back here in a heartbeat to ski.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Old Man Winter Grappling With Consistency

  This will go down as one of the mildest Decembers since I have moved out to Montana. We've had a stretch of temperatures into the 40&#...