Saturday, March 10, 2012

Colorado Ski Vacation In Retrospect





I have spent the last week in Colorado and got to explore 5 resorts. I have been to Lake Tahoe, Utah, and now Colorado to ski. I would say after this trip, Colorado is my favorite. The snow wasn't as good as Utah, the snow pack wasn't as thick as "Sierra Cement," but overall Colorado has it all. The mountains seem bigger then Tahoe and Utah. The views of the adjacent mountains are breathtaking. The proximity of all these resorts from where we were staying was ideal. The people are great and so is the atmosphere. The lift ticket prices are a bit steep but after a day on the hill you quickly forget this. Getting to Denver is very easy and finding a place to stay in Dillon, Frisco or Silverthorne is a breeze. I will defiantly be back at some point to ski here. Vail is by far one of the best places I have skied at in the country, that place alone will pull me back someday. I would love to experience Vail after a snowstorm, fresh tracks would be had all day long. Colorado was the first Western Mountain state I ever visited and always will have that "WOW" factor to it. Now it's back to PA for the beginning of trout season.......

No comments:

Post a Comment

Old Man Winter Grappling With Consistency

  This will go down as one of the mildest Decembers since I have moved out to Montana. We've had a stretch of temperatures into the 40&#...