Sunday, October 13, 2013

Archery Update: Morning Blues

Sorry for the delay in between posts. The fly rod has temporarily been put away because my archery craze has set in. I went out every morning of the season so far and haven't scene a deer. Part of this is because I am hunting 2 new properties and it's taking time to figure things out. The weather hasn't been great either.....still feels too humid for October. I did mange to get out a few times in the evening also. Two night-time sits at the farm produced buck and doe sightings. I saw 4 doe one night but decided to pass on them. I hung a ladder stand over at the farm that is hopefully going to be a prime spot. I unfortunately jumped a big buck hanging the stand, but I know he will be back in time for the rut. I wish things would of been a little better this week but so it goes. The weather looks like it's going to break by the end of next week, hopefully it will trigger some more deer movement in my areas. Until then.......

No comments:

Post a Comment

Old Man Winter Grappling With Consistency

  This will go down as one of the mildest Decembers since I have moved out to Montana. We've had a stretch of temperatures into the 40&#...