Monday, March 24, 2014

Park City Mountain Resort

View From PCMR
I was still hurting pretty bad on the last day of our trip. That didn't stop me though, Mindy and I headed out to PCMR on a 38 degree bluebird day. I have heard from a few people that PCMR isn't the best of places to ski. After putting in 4 hours on the mountain I couldn't disagree more! I think the mountain is set up very conveniently for all skill sets. The top is all double blacks, the middle has some blacks, and the lower end has all really good blues. I liked the width of all the slopes, they can accommodate a bunch of skiers, and they maintain their pitch and length better then Canyons and Deer Valley in my opinion.

King Con High Speed Quad View
Mindy and I spent the majority of the time skiing blues off the King Con Hi-Speed Quad. Sitka and Shamus were groomed to perfection and I even started skiing more aggressive but  my back kept me in check for most of the day. It looked like the Jupiter Lift accessed most of the bowls with-in the PCMR boundaries which is nice because of the easy access. Overall I was extremely impressed with PCMR, so much so I hope to have a return visit when the back is feeling better.



Taking It In One Last Time

No comments:

Post a Comment

Old Man Winter Grappling With Consistency

  This will go down as one of the mildest Decembers since I have moved out to Montana. We've had a stretch of temperatures into the 40&#...