Sunday, October 15, 2017

The Colors Of Fall

Colors Of Fall 
It's been too many weeks since my last report. I've had some hard days on the water as of late. Most of my time has been spent chasing lake run brown trout in Yellowstone National Park. The outcome hasn't been good on most trips. I needed a break and decided to fish a freestoner today. I finally made the right choice. Action was pretty slow for most of the day but this one fish changed my attitude in a hurry. The countless miles I put on the Tacoma over the past few weeks finally paid off with this beast of a brown trout....Mr. Pumpkinhead. Nothing beats catching a wild river brown, the lake trout are nice but there's something really special about these guys. The trout are on the verge of spawning on most freestoners, I saw a few fresh redds today so watch where your walking in the shallows and stick to the big deep green buckets. This fish is a prime example of what can be in the deep buckets staging to spawn. Winter is close to coming here in Montana, try and get out as much as you can while the weather lasts!

Healthy Rainbow In YNP


No comments:

Post a Comment

Old Man Winter Grappling With Consistency

  This will go down as one of the mildest Decembers since I have moved out to Montana. We've had a stretch of temperatures into the 40&#...