Wednesday, May 22, 2019

Winter 2.0

John Working A Good Run 


Is it spring? Summer? Or is Winter still lingering around? The coldest May in 47 years has engulfed Montana for the past few weeks. Run off started to get going but quickly got knocked out by Winter 2.0. Flows on the Yellowstone are as low as I've scene them since moving here for this late in May. What this will do to the month of June is anyone's guess, but in the meantime it's a great window of opportunity for those close by. Action has been good subsurface and on the surface depending on where I've been fishing. March Brown's and BWO's have been out in full force. If the water has some clarity look for some good dry fly fishing. I'm venturing down to the Henry's Fork this weekend in hopes of hitting the Salmon Fly Hatch but from all the reports I've been getting I think we are going to be too early. Last year we went down the same weekend and the hatch was almost over! That just goes to show you how hard it is to time things right.

Small Stream Gem 


1 comment:

  1. I just want to say thanks for your wonderful post,Very enjoyable to visit this blog and find something exciting and amazing.


    Watch Fishing videos


    I think you not ever Seen this type of traditional and primitive fishing!!!

    ReplyDelete

Old Man Winter Grappling With Consistency

  This will go down as one of the mildest Decembers since I have moved out to Montana. We've had a stretch of temperatures into the 40&#...