Monday, June 29, 2009

Laurel Mountain: Lippos Loop

I took our first trip of the year to Laurel Mountain Sunday. This is my favorite place to mountain bike in Southwest PA. I started on Lippos Loop and discovered that the Park Service has filled in the trail with a lot of gravel, taking some of the fun out of the ride. Needless to say it was a quick ride out to the junction of Black Bear trail. This trail was once very treacherous but they filled it in too. It is still very technical and the pics below showcase some of the rock we encountered. I rode for about 1 hour and 15 min. Next time I may try Spruce Trail and see if they did any work on it. The Park must of did this for cross country skiing which is very popular at Laurel Mountain. Hopefully I will take a few more trips out to Laurel this summer, it truly is an awesome place to ride.

















No comments:

Post a Comment

Old Man Winter Grappling With Consistency

  This will go down as one of the mildest Decembers since I have moved out to Montana. We've had a stretch of temperatures into the 40&#...