Sunday, August 30, 2009

Laurel Mountain: 2 hour loop

I went up to Laurel Mountain today. Weather was amazing, party cloudy and 61 degrees at the summit. The parking lot was full of riders taking advantage of the cool temps. I started out on the usual trails, hit Loop trail to the junction of Lippo's loop but instead of taking a right I went left. Trail as a little muddy at the top but otherwise nice. Continued on Towhee until the junction of the expert trail Rocky Gap. This trail wasn't a complete nightmare, only sections were. Lots of sweet log crossings and technical riding. Momentum is a must on this trail, if you lose it you might as well get off your bike and walk. Rocky Gap ends up running into Silvermine so I took it back to where I started at Rocky Gap. I took my favorite trail, "Black Bear" all the way till it hit a dirt road. Usually on this ride I bug out half way through but the last half of Black Bear has a great mix of technical riding and dirt single track. I took the road all the way back to the start of Burma trail then headed up Summit Trail. I rode this back all the way to the parking lot. This loop took about 2 hours for us, I was pretty tired back at the car. Awesome ride, great weather, couldn't ask for a better day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Old Man Winter Grappling With Consistency

  This will go down as one of the mildest Decembers since I have moved out to Montana. We've had a stretch of temperatures into the 40&#...