Monday, August 24, 2009

Laurel Mountain: Lippos Loop to Summit Trail




Decided to take a drive out to Laurel Mountain today. It felt like fall when I arrived on top of the summit, a comfortable 67 degrees! Parked in the upper lot and took Lippo's Loop to Black Bear Trail. Black Bear is an awesome technical ride with tons and tons of rocks. Black Bear breaks off to the right by the main road but I decided to take the road 1 mile up and hit Summit Trail. I forgot how technical this trail is. Lots of rock gardens and 1 steep downhill filled with boulders that jar you. There is also 1 good climb to get your lungs puffing. Took me 1 hour to complete the loop. The flow to this ride is unmatched to anything I have ever ridden. 9 out of 10 for fun factor. Blood, Sweat, and Gears to all.........

No comments:

Post a Comment

Old Man Winter Grappling With Consistency

  This will go down as one of the mildest Decembers since I have moved out to Montana. We've had a stretch of temperatures into the 40&#...