Monday, August 24, 2009

Cold Water in August




Had some time to kill after biking today and decided to check out a little stream I haven't fished in a long time. Why this stream is not designated as Wild Brooke Trout water is beyond me. There is no reason people should be keeping trout out of it. After I got my rod suited up I looked over the bank at a trickle. Looks can be deceiving though. The water felt like ice when I got in, hard to find streams like this in  PA this time of year. I fished 1/4 mile of stream in 1 1/2 hours and caught 9 fish. Some of them were native, some were holdovers. I was surprised at the size of the fish, 4-5 were over 6 inches. I love fishing Humpy's for natives this time of year. Hopefully these fish will survive the summer and breed in the fall. After a slow month of fishing the river, today was a blessing on this little stream.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Old Man Winter Grappling With Consistency

  This will go down as one of the mildest Decembers since I have moved out to Montana. We've had a stretch of temperatures into the 40&#...