Sunday, September 20, 2009

7 Springs Downhill Park

I called up my buddy who works at the downhill park up at 7 springs and he hooked us up with lift tickets. There are a spider web of trails all through the front bowl that consists of Wagner and Fawn Trail. My bike is a full-suspension Stumpjumper FSR Comp with plenty of travel for a typical cross-country trek. These trails are a different story. Springs rents out Kona bikes with tons of travel on both front and back shocks that would suite you better. My bike did fine, but I did bottom out a few times.The flow to the ride is really fun, tons of man made jumps and technical turns with loose rocks thrown in. If you spent some time on the course learning how to properly launch these jumps you could really whip down the trails. There were a bunch of experienced riders today that were fun to watch launch the jumps and land with precision. If you want a rush I suggest you try this at least once while biking in SW PA.
I took my camera out to take some pics but the battery was dead, the weather was perfect once again for a Sunday ride. Blood, Sweat and Gears to all..........

No comments:

Post a Comment

Old Man Winter Grappling With Consistency

  This will go down as one of the mildest Decembers since I have moved out to Montana. We've had a stretch of temperatures into the 40&#...