Monday, September 21, 2009

Fishing Report 9/21/09


River 650 cfs and 70 degrees above town. Fished from 6pm-dark tonight. Surprisingly I saw three other guys fishing. Rode my bike about 1.5 miles up from town and started fishing some riffles. I got out farther then I ever have in this spot because of the low water. Tried some streamers and attractor patterns but didn't move any fish. There still were decent amounts of Slate Drakes coming off and saw a few huge stoneflies flying around. Missed one fish at the end of the night on a spinner. The river looks completely different at this level, you can really move around and get to spots rarely fished by guys wading. I hope the night time temps get colder soon to lower the stream temperature a bit.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Old Man Winter Grappling With Consistency

  This will go down as one of the mildest Decembers since I have moved out to Montana. We've had a stretch of temperatures into the 40&#...