Hunted from 6:45am-9am about 50 yards from the tree I hunted first time. While I was walking to the stand I spotted some eyes with my headlamp which is never a good sign. Ended up not seeing anything but the tree was in a great spot. Tons of game trails and lots of shots.
Went back out after work from 5:10 pm till dark about 50 yards below my morning tree and 50 across from my first tree. I couldn't see as good in this spot but still had plenty of shooting lanes within 20 yards. This tree was situated 10 yards below a major trail at the lower half of the area I am hunting. Sure enough right at dark 3 large bodies made their way down the trail. I turned right very slightly because I heard a stick break and sure enough the last deer snorted and they were off. My dumb ass walked in on the major trail so I am confident they smelled me long before I moved. I have a feeling the last deer was the buck I am hunting. They outsmarted me tonight but I intend to end this battle by November 14th.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Old Man Winter Grappling With Consistency
This will go down as one of the mildest Decembers since I have moved out to Montana. We've had a stretch of temperatures into the 40...
-
There were two lakes we got to fish on our trip. We hiked up to Lukens Lake once again due to my knee and time restraints. It was only an ea...
-
Consistent Fishing All Winter Long The mild weather continues in the Bozone as of late. I've been busy with work but have kept f...
-
A few of my buddies and I headed out to Quebec Run Natural Area for a backpacking trip this weekend. We left the house on Frida...
No comments:
Post a Comment