Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Penns Creek Fishing Report 5-18-10







Fished this morning from 10am-3pm. Water was flowing perfect and so was the weather, 50 degrees with light drizzle all day. We fished above the trestle at Poe Paddy for the first 3 hours then headed down to some riffles above the broadwater for the remainder of the afternoon. I caught 3 nice brownies that were 15+ inches right off the bat on a #12 copper john. My brothers each caught a few on that fly as well. March Browns started sticking to the water around 1pm and if you kept walking you could find fish that were eating them. The surface activity seemed to be picking up but I had to come home tonight for work in the am. I think my brothers might have hit it good tonight, I'll find out Friday. Overall the two days were very good to me, the biggest surprise was the number of bugs with no frequent risers. I would love to be fishing Penn's when the tide turns..........

No comments:

Post a Comment

Old Man Winter Grappling With Consistency

  This will go down as one of the mildest Decembers since I have moved out to Montana. We've had a stretch of temperatures into the 40&#...