Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Heavenly Ski Resort





I Just got back from a 4 day ski trip to Lake Tahoe in Nevada/California. This was the second time I have ventured out to the Tahoe area for some skiing. With the close proximity to Reno Nevada and the many different options for skiing, it's hard to beat this place for convenience and ease of access.


The weather was crazy during our trip, it never really stopped snowing for the 4 days we were there. We decided to ski Heavenly the first day because it was the closest resort to our condo. Unfortunately for us, not many lifts were running due to the high winds so we had to stick to the middle part of the mountain. The trails all had at least 15 inches of fresh snow so we didn't mind the fact that our space was limited. We skied both the Cal side and the Nevada side, the latter being my favorite. There were stashes in the trees once the main slopes got tracked up, overall a good day. I would rank Heavenly as my least favorite place to ski out of the 6 resorts I have been too there. I have yet to ski the Mott Canyon Bowl area because of avalanche issues and the wind so my opinion may change if I get the chance to ski that.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Old Man Winter Grappling With Consistency

  This will go down as one of the mildest Decembers since I have moved out to Montana. We've had a stretch of temperatures into the 40&#...