Early March usually brings out Cabin Fever in a lot of us and when Brian told me he was itching to go fishing for some natives Saturday night I knew it was time to go exploring. Our buddy Garret met us and we piled into his truck to set off for the day. The weather didn't remind us of spring as we ventured down the steep gorge, heavy snow fell the entire time we fished. It didn't put a damper on our trip as Garret and Brian both pulled out gorgeous brookies in the swift water. The stream had great holding water and was wider then most brookie streams I have fished.scenery alone was worth the trip and it felt great to get out of the house to throw some line. I would say when little black stoneflies start popping more frequently all three of us will head back out for some top water action!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Old Man Winter Grappling With Consistency
This will go down as one of the mildest Decembers since I have moved out to Montana. We've had a stretch of temperatures into the 40...
-
There were two lakes we got to fish on our trip. We hiked up to Lukens Lake once again due to my knee and time restraints. It was only an ea...
-
Consistent Fishing All Winter Long The mild weather continues in the Bozone as of late. I've been busy with work but have kept f...
-
A few of my buddies and I headed out to Quebec Run Natural Area for a backpacking trip this weekend. We left the house on Frida...
That looks like a blast. Great blog, you got a new follower
ReplyDelete