Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Skeeters on my Helios

Fished the delayed harvest section of the Loyalhanna this afternoon for a few hours before dark.  The water was slightly off color from the heavy rain the other night, but still managed to pick up a few on the typical early season junk list, pink and yellow suckerspawn, green weenie, and BH Prince nymph.  Excellent black stonefly activity, but no top water action.  Even saw a few olives poppin', which is uncommon for the Hanna.  Its so warm out, I left early because the skeeters were eating me alive!  I hope this weather cools off a bit, or its gonna be Green Drakes in early May!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Old Man Winter Grappling With Consistency

  This will go down as one of the mildest Decembers since I have moved out to Montana. We've had a stretch of temperatures into the 40&#...