Monday, August 6, 2012

Fishing Report: 8-06-12

I fished the river below the dam today from 12pm-2:30pm. I started off at the big riffle below the outflow and worked my way down to the bike bridge. The water was flowing at 420 cfs and a chilly 45 degrees. There were about a half dozen bait dunkers cruising around this section. The tied on a nymph rig and worked the tail end of the riffle thoroughly with no strikes. I was fishing small midges to try and psych myself up for my San Juan River trip later in the month. I ended up seeing 1 fish rise and caught the 12 inch brownie on a #16 Deer Hair Ant Pattern. I had no other strikes. Tons of Algae in this section makes nymphing tough this time of year. I did see 1 bait fisherman land 3 by the bridge.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Old Man Winter Grappling With Consistency

  This will go down as one of the mildest Decembers since I have moved out to Montana. We've had a stretch of temperatures into the 40&#...