Monday, August 6, 2012
Fishing Report: 8-06-12
I fished the river below the dam today from 12pm-2:30pm. I started off at the big riffle below the outflow and worked my way down to the bike bridge. The water was flowing at 420 cfs and a chilly 45 degrees. There were about a half dozen bait dunkers cruising around this section. The tied on a nymph rig and worked the tail end of the riffle thoroughly with no strikes. I was fishing small midges to try and psych myself up for my San Juan River trip later in the month. I ended up seeing 1 fish rise and caught the 12 inch brownie on a #16 Deer Hair Ant Pattern. I had no other strikes. Tons of Algae in this section makes nymphing tough this time of year. I did see 1 bait fisherman land 3 by the bridge.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Old Man Winter Grappling With Consistency
This will go down as one of the mildest Decembers since I have moved out to Montana. We've had a stretch of temperatures into the 40...
-
There were two lakes we got to fish on our trip. We hiked up to Lukens Lake once again due to my knee and time restraints. It was only an ea...
-
Consistent Fishing All Winter Long The mild weather continues in the Bozone as of late. I've been busy with work but have kept f...
-
A few of my buddies and I headed out to Quebec Run Natural Area for a backpacking trip this weekend. We left the house on Frida...
No comments:
Post a Comment