Tuesday, October 2, 2012

And So It Begins.........

Archery season has finally arrived! The temperatures are finally cooling off, leaves are changing and this time of year you will find the Grobe family scattered around Southwestern PA in tree stands. The opening day of archery was this past Saturday. I was only able to hunt in the morning but my first sit of the season brought a decent 7 point around "Dad's Stand" around 7:45am. The 2 year old buck marched around plucking Acorns off the ground, he presented multiple shots but I decided to let him live in hopes of tagging a bigger, more mature buck as the season goes on. This stand is located in a prime feeding area, thousands of acorns are all over the ground and continue to fall daily. It is only a matter of time before one of us fills a tag in this honey hole. My brother Billy sat in the "Oak Flats" and Dad hunted the "Powerline" stand. Each saw small bucks, dad a 4 point and Billy another 4-5 point. All together is was a very productive morning. All three of us went out Monday night. Billy had 3 does wonder past the Oak Flats presenting no shots. My dad and I saw nothing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Old Man Winter Grappling With Consistency

  This will go down as one of the mildest Decembers since I have moved out to Montana. We've had a stretch of temperatures into the 40&#...