Monday, November 19, 2012

Late Fall Fishing

Awesome Fall Rainbow
My buddy Danny came into town for a few days and we decided to meet up on the river for a few hours of fishing. The sun was just cresting the mountains and hitting the river when our first casts hit the water that was flowing at 1200 cfs. I rigged up a #10 Black Wooly Bugger and my lead fly a #14 White Egg Pattern. I caught a beautiful dark colored rainbow on the 5th cast, he took the Egg Pattern dead drift. We fished down to the The Riffle but only caught 1 small rainbow.




We decided to move up to my honey hole for the last 1.5 hours. I managed 1 more rainbow on the Wooly Bugger and Danny hooked into 1 on a Wooly Bugger as well. The water was cold, 38 degrees but the fishing wasn't too bad, had enough action to make the day worthwhile and it was good catching up with Danny. The 3 fish we caught all were very heavy and looked ready to endure the winter ahead.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Old Man Winter Grappling With Consistency

  This will go down as one of the mildest Decembers since I have moved out to Montana. We've had a stretch of temperatures into the 40&#...