Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Celebrating the end of summer with some trout

Amazing colors on these fish!
I had a brutal 2 days of work on Saturday and Sunday, the Labor Day weekend was slammed at the resort. But the good thing is the summer tourist season is over and fall is right around the corner. I decided to meet up with my buddies Pat and Dom for a little fishing trip yesterday.

Pat showing off for the camera
Another stud
I got to the stream around 8:30 am. The weather was pretty humid but overcast. The water temperature was around 64 degrees. Pat and Dom talk very highly of this stream and were the hosts on this trip. They walked me right down to their favorite spot and I immediately got into some really nice fish. I landed fish consistently all day but most were on the smaller size, still didn't bother me because I did get to land 2 nice fish in the 16-18 inch class. I will be returning to this stream, the potential to hook into 20 inch and bigger is very good.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Old Man Winter Grappling With Consistency

  This will go down as one of the mildest Decembers since I have moved out to Montana. We've had a stretch of temperatures into the 40&#...