Sunday, May 25, 2014
Loyalhanna Fishing Report 5-24-14
Fished the Dumpster hole tonight with good success. Dad fished it from about 4pm on, while I didn't make it down until 6pm. Luckily I didn't miss much, as Dad only caught a couple before I got there. After talking to him, I decided to go small on the fly selection, and see if that is what they wanted, and sure enough things picked up. Then as the sun set the #14 first, then #16 Sulphurs actually produced a decent hatch with a few risers. Dad caught his first Loyalhanna trout on a sulphur pattern in 35 years of fishing, maybe the hatches are getting better!
We ended up with a half a dozen on top, definitely a weird year when I have more fish on top at the Hanner than the Little J!!!!!!!!
Other hatches: 1000's of midges, Good #14 - #18 Tan Caddis.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Old Man Winter Grappling With Consistency
This will go down as one of the mildest Decembers since I have moved out to Montana. We've had a stretch of temperatures into the 40...
-
There were two lakes we got to fish on our trip. We hiked up to Lukens Lake once again due to my knee and time restraints. It was only an ea...
-
Consistent Fishing All Winter Long The mild weather continues in the Bozone as of late. I've been busy with work but have kept f...
-
A few of my buddies and I headed out to Quebec Run Natural Area for a backpacking trip this weekend. We left the house on Frida...
No comments:
Post a Comment