Thursday, November 27, 2014

Cold Water Still Producing Some Bites

A Slender Rainbow

   I was able to get out on the local river for a few days this past week. Water Temperatures were a chilly 42-48 degrees. Levels are still good. A buddy of mine and myself tried to drum up some big ones, but the only quality fish of the two days was a slender 18 inch rainbow that fell victim to a nymph. It seemed like the faster moving pocket water was out producing the slower water. The first section that we fished had slower moving water and we were only able to catch 5-6 fish. We made a move to faster stuff and the fishing picked up drastically. I need to score another 2 footer before the year is over, now that my buck tag is filled I still have ample time to do so.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Old Man Winter Grappling With Consistency

  This will go down as one of the mildest Decembers since I have moved out to Montana. We've had a stretch of temperatures into the 40&#...