Friday, August 17, 2018

Late Summer

It's been over a month since our last post. Over the past several weeks the heat of summer has set in here in Montana. Gone are the blue bird skies and clear views. We are now subject to high fire hazards and smokey skies. I haven't been out fishing as much as I would like but when I've been on the water the fishing has been pretty solid. I tend to explore this time of year to get away from the crowds, whether that is high mountain lakes or little ditches, something that doesn't attract the crowds is where you'll find me. Dry fly action has been good with the ole chubby. Pink, Purple, Golden.....throw them all and chances are you'll get a few fish to poke up. Those smaller mountain stream trout don't get too picky with the fly selection. Things are about to change for the better in a few weeks. Cold crisp mornings and clear skies are on the horizon.....I can't wait.






No comments:

Post a Comment

Old Man Winter Grappling With Consistency

  This will go down as one of the mildest Decembers since I have moved out to Montana. We've had a stretch of temperatures into the 40&#...