Sunday, August 30, 2009
Laurel Mountain: 2 hour loop
I went up to Laurel Mountain today. Weather was amazing, party cloudy and 61 degrees at the summit. The parking lot was full of riders taking advantage of the cool temps. I started out on the usual trails, hit Loop trail to the junction of Lippo's loop but instead of taking a right I went left. Trail as a little muddy at the top but otherwise nice. Continued on Towhee until the junction of the expert trail Rocky Gap. This trail wasn't a complete nightmare, only sections were. Lots of sweet log crossings and technical riding. Momentum is a must on this trail, if you lose it you might as well get off your bike and walk. Rocky Gap ends up running into Silvermine so I took it back to where I started at Rocky Gap. I took my favorite trail, "Black Bear" all the way till it hit a dirt road. Usually on this ride I bug out half way through but the last half of Black Bear has a great mix of technical riding and dirt single track. I took the road all the way back to the start of Burma trail then headed up Summit Trail. I rode this back all the way to the parking lot. This loop took about 2 hours for us, I was pretty tired back at the car. Awesome ride, great weather, couldn't ask for a better day!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Old Man Winter Grappling With Consistency
This will go down as one of the mildest Decembers since I have moved out to Montana. We've had a stretch of temperatures into the 40...
-
There were two lakes we got to fish on our trip. We hiked up to Lukens Lake once again due to my knee and time restraints. It was only an ea...
-
Consistent Fishing All Winter Long The mild weather continues in the Bozone as of late. I've been busy with work but have kept f...
-
A few of my buddies and I headed out to Quebec Run Natural Area for a backpacking trip this weekend. We left the house on Frida...
No comments:
Post a Comment