10 days of vacation came and went too fast! I wanted to end our trip on a great note so we decided to mountain bike one more time before I left. I woke up at 7:30am and headed down to the Bike and Bean to get our rides. I rented a different bike this time, The biggest difference was navigating over big boulders, my balance was out of whack. I decided on doing a new loop that started out on Bell Rock Pathway once again. I rode this section till it hooked up with Llama Trail. This trail was great single-track riding with smooth climbs and ascents. Llama T-boned into Little Horse Trail, which was more technical then anything I had ridden so far. I had to get out and walk on some of this trail because the climbs were very rocky and steep. This trail took me to a beautiful outlook on top a few mesas called chicken point. From there I hooked up with the Broken Arrow trail, by far the most challenging trail I had ridden. Very steep climbs with rocks everywhere but the downhills were fun. The lookout from this trail was phenomenal all the way to the road. I decided to take 179 North back to Oak Creek because I was running short on time. I am not disappointed that I did this, it was fun to take in the views one last time. In all I rode another 16 miles and my butt definitely felt it. I would come back and ride here in a heartbeat, maybe try some trails closer to Sedona next time but definitely hit up the Templeton Loop again. Great Mountain bike area, go there if you can!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Old Man Winter Grappling With Consistency
This will go down as one of the mildest Decembers since I have moved out to Montana. We've had a stretch of temperatures into the 40...
-
There were two lakes we got to fish on our trip. We hiked up to Lukens Lake once again due to my knee and time restraints. It was only an ea...
-
Consistent Fishing All Winter Long The mild weather continues in the Bozone as of late. I've been busy with work but have kept f...
-
A few of my buddies and I headed out to Quebec Run Natural Area for a backpacking trip this weekend. We left the house on Frida...
No comments:
Post a Comment