Today was one of those days. I headed out around 10am this morning hoping to get some miles in at Laurel Mountain. When I got to my parents house I realized I forgot my clip in shoes for my bike! I got to visit family which was great but didn't ride at Laurel. When I got home I decided to give Ohiopyle a try again. I decided to hit up the Jonathan Run Trail. The first 1 mile was a very nice flowing single track trail with the majority of the surface dirt. There was some nice root sections along with some rock sections. I rode the trail down to the bike path hoping to find a loop that would take me back a different way. I found the junction of Kentuck Trail but there are no bikes allowed on it! What a bust. So I climbed back out of the valley to the junction of Sugar Run Trail. The climb out is very doable and will get your heart pumping. Anyways I decided to hit Sugar Run Trail. This single-track ride was more technical and fun then Jonathan Run. There were a few flat sections of the trail but most of the ride is on a gradual rise up the valley. Nothing too bad, but by the top I was breathing hard. I encountered Sugar Run Road at the top of the climb and decided to ride it back to the parking lot. The ride on the road had a mix of steep descents and a few steep climbs. I ended up riding about 8.25 miles and it took me about 1.5 hours to complete. This is not an accurate account of how long the loop is, I ended up riding the Yough bike trail for about .75 miles toward Bruener Run Take-Out looking for another trail. I found another set of rocks to climb below School House Crag on my way down though. This was by far the best ride I have done in Ohiopyle, I would recommend it to anyone new to the area.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Old Man Winter Grappling With Consistency
This will go down as one of the mildest Decembers since I have moved out to Montana. We've had a stretch of temperatures into the 40...
-
There were two lakes we got to fish on our trip. We hiked up to Lukens Lake once again due to my knee and time restraints. It was only an ea...
-
Consistent Fishing All Winter Long The mild weather continues in the Bozone as of late. I've been busy with work but have kept f...
-
A few of my buddies and I headed out to Quebec Run Natural Area for a backpacking trip this weekend. We left the house on Frida...
No comments:
Post a Comment