Monday, October 4, 2010
Archery Report: 10-03-2010
Headed out to the woods for the first time this year. Decided to hunt my power line tree which produced great results last season. Hunted from 5pm-dark, winds were blowing 4-8 mph toward the pines, the temperature was 49 degrees with overcast skies. I heard some grunting noises coming from across the road at about 6:20pm. I listened hard and thought for a moment it was a buck grunting.......but no way, too early for that right? About 10 minutes later I heard a closer grunt that came from behind me. I turned my head in the direction of the sound and sure enough a nice 8-point was cruising through the woods with his head down! It seemed like he was heading for the noise that was coming from across the road. I grunted myself to stop him, took aim......and missed! I misjudged the distance by 8 yards but luckily missed him cleanly. I had a knot in my throat when I went down to locate blood. My season could of been a success with only 3 hours in the woods! Oh well, I need to chalk it up and hope I get another shot at this guy, he was pretty close to what I shot last season. I didn't get to do much spotting this off season so the one positive that came from tonight is my honey hole is still producing deer sightings. I am confident this spot will produce another chance by the end of the season if I stick to it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Old Man Winter Grappling With Consistency
This will go down as one of the mildest Decembers since I have moved out to Montana. We've had a stretch of temperatures into the 40...
-
There were two lakes we got to fish on our trip. We hiked up to Lukens Lake once again due to my knee and time restraints. It was only an ea...
-
Consistent Fishing All Winter Long The mild weather continues in the Bozone as of late. I've been busy with work but have kept f...
-
A few of my buddies and I headed out to Quebec Run Natural Area for a backpacking trip this weekend. We left the house on Frida...
No comments:
Post a Comment