Saturday, October 1, 2011
Archery In The Rain
The opening morning of archery season was a cold one. The temperature was 45 degrees with light rain and 5-10 mph winds. Being cold and damp is no fun, but the weather couldn't keep my brother, dad and I from venturing out into the woods. I hunted the Oak Flat stand, Billy in the Cross Over and Dad was in his stand above the plant. I saw two deer at first light walk 15 yards from me, hard to tell what they were but I think a doe and fawn. About 30 minutes later I saw two other does trotting up the main trail...the mule might have scared them. At about 8:30 I had a button buck browsing around me for about 25 minutes. Billy saw no deer in his stand but on our way out below dads stand we kicked up 2 doe and 1 smaller buck. Dad had 2 button bucks under him the whole morning and saw one while waking in.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Old Man Winter Grappling With Consistency
This will go down as one of the mildest Decembers since I have moved out to Montana. We've had a stretch of temperatures into the 40...
-
There were two lakes we got to fish on our trip. We hiked up to Lukens Lake once again due to my knee and time restraints. It was only an ea...
-
Consistent Fishing All Winter Long The mild weather continues in the Bozone as of late. I've been busy with work but have kept f...
-
A few of my buddies and I headed out to Quebec Run Natural Area for a backpacking trip this weekend. We left the house on Frida...
No comments:
Post a Comment