Day:2 We got on the water around 10:30am. We decided bike down and fish the "Croaker Hole." The weather was mostly cloudy and cold, I don't think it got out of the 40's. The water temperature was 49 degrees at 10:30 in the morning. We started out nymphing with limited success. I picked up a few on a #12 Green Copper John. At about 2:30pm we started to pick a few more fish up on nymph's. We landed about 10 fish on #12 Green Copper John's, #10 Black Hare's Ear's, and #16 Pheasant Tail's. By 3pm there was a blanket Sulphur Hatch. The only fish taking them were small mouth bass in the section we were fishing. A few sporadic trout rises but nothing to brag about. Throw in March Browns, Grey Foxes, Craneflies and Caddis to the mix and you have yourself a typical Penn's Creek frenzy. The only thing missing was the fish eating them.
We walked up to the Broadwaters to see if anything was rising there, a few heads were eating Sulphur Dun's on the bank and my brother and I landed a few. We tied on a Sulphur Spinner toward dark and had some modest luck with limited risers. Overall the day was a very tough one to say the least. The three of us caught around 20 and at least 4 of those fish were very fat and healthy 17-18 inchers.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Old Man Winter Grappling With Consistency
This will go down as one of the mildest Decembers since I have moved out to Montana. We've had a stretch of temperatures into the 40...
-
There were two lakes we got to fish on our trip. We hiked up to Lukens Lake once again due to my knee and time restraints. It was only an ea...
-
Consistent Fishing All Winter Long The mild weather continues in the Bozone as of late. I've been busy with work but have kept f...
-
A few of my buddies and I headed out to Quebec Run Natural Area for a backpacking trip this weekend. We left the house on Frida...
No comments:
Post a Comment