Tuesday, May 19, 2009

The River Is Heating Up




Stopped by the river on my way home from Spring Creek and decided to fish it. Haven't been able to fish it for it seems like FOREVER this year because of all the rain. Today was a Sunny Day in the low 80's so I couldn't pass up throwing some line. The fishing was slow for the most part, only picked up one on a nymph and my brother also caught one. He also turned one that was a potential 20 incher but it got off. There was a sporadic caddis hatch, a few March Browns, and a couple of Sulphurs. Hopefully it will keep heating up in the days to come. I am going to head down to see if the March Brown Spinner will fall at dusk this week........keep ya posted.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Old Man Winter Grappling With Consistency

  This will go down as one of the mildest Decembers since I have moved out to Montana. We've had a stretch of temperatures into the 40&#...