Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Holiday Valley: Mountain Biking New York




I decided to make a road trip to Holiday Valley for some mountain biking Monday. It was about 1 hour and 1/2 from Erie, but the drive was scenic on route 86. I didn't know where I were going but ran into 2 kids that were riding. They pointed me in the right direction and we started off. Took a logging road for about 1/4 mile up to the top of the ski slopes. From there we accessed a state game land road and just happened to stumble upon a single track section with white markers on it. Part of it was cleared off but the other half was full of leaves. It was very flat, rugged and rocky, just the way we like it. I didn't have a map so I only rode the single track for about 40 min, but it was a sweet ride. I will definitely make a return trip here, just need to be better prepared next time. Seemed to be tons of terrain to explore and I have heard nothing but good comments about this place.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Old Man Winter Grappling With Consistency

  This will go down as one of the mildest Decembers since I have moved out to Montana. We've had a stretch of temperatures into the 40&#...