Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Trolling for Steelhead on Lake Erie 10/24/09




Went out on Lake Erie with Sarah's dad for my first "Trolling For Steel Head" experience. There was a lot more involved with the process then I had anticipated. We had to rig up 3 different rods and make sure none of the lines crossed while we were trolling through the lake. He had a depth finder on the boat which the driver would watch so we stayed within the 11-16 foot depth range. Tons of marks showed up on the finder but we didn't hook into a ton of fish. It was different fishing then I am used to but very fun. I can see how it could be addicting when you are pulling fish into the boat. Her parents have a house 5 minutes away from the Walnut Creek Access point so I will be making return trips in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Old Man Winter Grappling With Consistency

  This will go down as one of the mildest Decembers since I have moved out to Montana. We've had a stretch of temperatures into the 40&#...