Sunday, June 27, 2010

Bavington Mountain Biking: Five Points Trails







I headed out to Bavington for some mountain biking on a scorching day, it was 90 degrees at the trail head. I have heard a lot of good things about this place and have been trying to ride it for years. I parked at the first lot on Haul Road. The trail system we rode was called the Five Points Trails and received the most acclaim from fellow mountain bikers. The ride was mostly dirt single track with some roots thrown in. Tons of switchbacks weaved you through a pine forest and some hardwood. A few sections had you cruising through open meadows which was cool. I thought it was very easy to ride with the exception of a few sharp switchbacks, not too many log crossings or rock gardens.....actually there were no rock gardens at all. I rode the loop for 4.66 miles but decided to bail from the last 1.5 miles because of a Thunderstorm. I would rate this place the best for the Pittsburgh Area, there are 4 more different areas of trails we didn't get to ride today so there are plenty of options. It still doesn't compare to the Laurel Highlands but for a quick ride in the city this isn't a bad choice. The best thing about the trail system was the flow of the ride, nice downhills would take you up little uphills and so on.

2 comments:

  1. I wonder why other professionals don’t notice your website much m glad I found this. LED safety

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great webpage brother I am gona inform this to all my friends and contacts. premium wordpress themes

    ReplyDelete

Old Man Winter Grappling With Consistency

  This will go down as one of the mildest Decembers since I have moved out to Montana. We've had a stretch of temperatures into the 40&#...