Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Laurel Mountain Ramble

I took my buddy out to Laurel Mountain tonight for his first ever trip to Lippo's Loop. We started out in the lower parking lot and went into the woods at the Loop Trail. Took this to Tawhee then to Black Bear. Road Black Bear to Rector Road then up the road until we hit Summit Trail. We hit this all the way back to the car for a 5.1 mile loop. If anyone is new to the area I would recommend this to get a taste of what Laurel Mountain is all about. I picked up the new trail map that Laurel Highlands Visitors Bureau published of the area, it has some great stuff, you can pick it up at the Warming Hut. Blood, Sweat, and Gears to all...........

No comments:

Post a Comment

Old Man Winter Grappling With Consistency

  This will go down as one of the mildest Decembers since I have moved out to Montana. We've had a stretch of temperatures into the 40&#...