Monday, April 25, 2011

4 Mile Run and Loyalhanna - Bait Water Recon

Fished 4 mile run and the Loyalhanna bait waters all day saturday and had mixed results. The weather turned out to be sunny and around 80 F which was the opposite of all the recent rains. 4 mile was about perfect flow, and the Loyalhanna was still high enough to restrict wading at times. Neither stream fished all that well. While I caught fish on both waters, I was somewhat disappointed in 4 mile. There is such nice water between all the pull offs, but nary a trout to rise to a consistant Quill Gordon hatch. I am hopeful that the Loyalhana bait water has a little more to offer with more exploration, but was encouraged by what I saw and heard on it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Old Man Winter Grappling With Consistency

  This will go down as one of the mildest Decembers since I have moved out to Montana. We've had a stretch of temperatures into the 40&#...