Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Big Rainbow










I got to float the river yesterday with my brother Andy and Mike (brooksbrownsandbows.) Water was flowing at about 800 cfs  and the weather was 75 degrees, cloudy and had some scattered showers around. This was the 3rd time I have floated the river and by far the most productive. We brought around 30 fish to the boat, all decent size with a few bigger ones mixed in and one Hogboy that my brother Andy netted. Nymphing the riffles produced the majority of the fish but we did have a little dry fly action as well. It seemed to me that the stockings they did last year benefited the river a lot, I hope they continue to do what they did last year.









Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment

Old Man Winter Grappling With Consistency

  This will go down as one of the mildest Decembers since I have moved out to Montana. We've had a stretch of temperatures into the 40&#...