Tuesday, July 28, 2015

Exploring New Water

Low Numbers But Good Quality

Pristine Setting

As most of you already know, I moved to Bozeman last week. From a fishing standpoint it doesn't get much better. There are so many miles of quality trout water it can make your head spin. I started off exploring some water really close to home and it was very good for smaller fish. Later in the week I ventured into some of the bigger water and was rewarded with a good fish. I had to change my tactics when fishing the bigger water but it was a fun change. I didn't get into any dry fly fishing yet, I'm hoping I can huck some hoppers soon.
Small Water But Good Fishing

Being surrounded by the mountain ranges out here is really special, add in all the wild trout and you have yourself a trout paradise. I hope to continue to explore new water each time I go out in the next few weeks. It already snowed so fall isn't too far off in these parts........
Lower Gallatin 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Old Man Winter Grappling With Consistency

  This will go down as one of the mildest Decembers since I have moved out to Montana. We've had a stretch of temperatures into the 40&#...